Summer String Intensive Program is a part of Northern Summer Academy’s Music Camp. Campers can choose from Day or Sleepaway options. Day campers can also choose Extension Camp options included in Sleepaway Camp.
- One-on-one intensive lessons, focusing on basic foundations and standard repertoire.
- Concert Practice. Once a week, campers will perform as soloists or in chamber music and string ensemble.
- Chamber music coaching. Focus on how to blend and collaborate with other players.
- Meditation/ Stretching sessions after intensive practice sessions. (injury prevention)
- String chamber orchestra rehearsals.
- Applicants who have already experienced in various musical settings. (i.e orchestra, chamber music, standard string repertoire)
- Applicants who have strong musical desire.
8:00 am-9:00 am Breakfast; relaxation exercises
9:00 am-10:50 am Hear Training Level I & II/ Private Lesson or Individual Practice (M, W, F)
Chamber Music Coaching/String Ensemble (Tu, Th)
11:00 am-12:00pm Music Theater (M, Tu, W, F)
Concert Practice (Th, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm)
12:00 pm-1:00 pm Lunch
1:00 pm-2:00 pm Music Appreciation
2:00 pm-6:00 pm Join Northern Afternoon Extension Camp
6:00 pm-7:00 pm Dinner
Conductor: Wen-wen Chou
Violin: Dr. Chang-Ho Lim (Julliard BA MA)
Violin/Viola: Dr. Amy Dahm-Huh (Boston MA)
Cello: Dr. Hae Won Yoon (Julliard BA MA)
Please see Private Lesson Form for other teachers.
– Practice rooms for each student with AC (B106 whole day)
– Large room for concerts and rehearsals (B106/C101/ C116/C117)
– Private teaching studios with AC (C116/C117 / C206)
How to Apply
- Fill out page 1, 2, 3 on Registration Form (Step 1 under APPLY)
- Download Private Lesson Form and choose your teacher. Submit this form with the Registration Form.
- Fill out page 4 on Registration Form if you also want to choose 8-9 am or afternoon extension (2-5 pm, 2-6 pm, 6-7 pm).
- Fill out page 5 on Registration Form if you only want to attend single group session for ear training, music theater etc.