Northern Summer Academy Online
Many onsite camp programs are available online this summer, including:
- Computer Programming
- Math Olympiad
- 3D Modeling
- SAT Prep (Math & English)
- Math Prep (Gr. 4-5)
- Chinese Language & Culture
- Arts & Crafts
- Culture Enrichment
- Here at Northern, we are confident of the outstanding educational experience our teachers offer through online instruction. Our online camp is a great opportunity for children, and great value for parents.
What Our Camp Offers
- rich content and curriculum
- a superb, experienced faculty
- live interaction with teachers and peers
- development of skills, discipline and character
- a chance to excel - and have fun doing it
- flexible, easy to learn classes from the comfort of your home
- on demand tutoring services available*
We care about results, and we care about the well-being of our online campers. Your child will be immersed in an engaging learning experience - and have fun!
Our philosophy and approach is to emphasize a balanced, active and enriching lifestyle. In between online classes, we provide time to allow students a break from computer and smart device screens, and encourage offline activities. We’re family friendly, too.
Online Camper Guide for Registered Campers
Welcome to the Northern family! We are excited to welcome you to a fun learning experience through our online classes, Below are some information to help you make a smooth transition to our online classes.
- A computer with a working camera and working microphone is all you need. (Avoid using smaller devices to connect to online classroom, such as iPad, smart phone, unless you are specifically told by your teacher to do so.)
- A decent internet connection of at least 5Mbps is highly recommended.
- Specific classes may have optional equipment suggested by the teacher to enhance your online experience.
Your Daily Schedule
- Your individualized daily schedule will be sent to you via email prior to your registered start date.
- Please note that all times on the camp schedule are US Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
- Here is a tool to help you convert this to your local time: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- We recommend printing out your schedule, and note down your local times next to each of your individual classes.
Your Classroom Links
- Each class has its own join link. Because some links are dynamically generated, the same class might have a different link each day.
- You’ll receive a classroom link via email 10 minutes prior to each class. So closely monitor your email before the class time. (You may provide us with additional email addresses to receive classroom link by contacting Summer@Northern.Academy)
- Some classroom links may have recommended browsers. Make sure to use one of the recommended browsers.
Asking For Help
If you encounter any technical difficulties, you can get help via:
- Option 1: Emailing your class teacher. Always do this first.
- Option 2: Send a help request to the following:
- Option 3: Contact Summer@Northern.Academy directly, or call us at 845-232-1760