Please click HERE for Northern Academy Online Camp Schedule and Fees.
Our Camp Offers:
- rich content and curriculum
- a superb, experienced faculty
- live interaction with teachers and peers
- development of skills, discipline and character
- a chance to excel - and have fun doing it
- flexible, easy to learn classes from the comfort of your home
- on demand tutoring services available*
Why Online Camp
Online campers are given the opportunity to visit our onsite summer camp**. Campers can share the online experience with siblings - we even allow a friend to join!
Most onsite camp programs will be available online this summer, with a few exceptions. To see what’s offered, select the program(s) you are interested in and check for online offerings, including course description, class capacity, required technology, equipment, and other restrictions. If you have any questions, please contact us. We’re happy to help.
Our online camp is a great opportunity for children, and a great value for parents. Sign up today!
Excellent Online Teaching
On Friday, March 20, New York Governor Cuomo officially announced a state-wide stay-at-home order for residents, closing down schools across the state.
Northern Academy was prepared. By the following Monday, March 23, we had fully transitioned to online schooling, offering academic, dance, music, and fine arts programs.
Since then, our students have been attending daily, with a full online class schedule from 8 am to 4 pm, with after-school and Saturday classes. Based on internal surveys conducted in April 2020, students and parents rated the quality and content of our teaching as "Excellent".
Summer is just around the corner. Here at Northern, we are confident we can offer summer campers an outstanding educational experience online, through our SAT Prep, STEM, dance, music, fine arts, life skills and Chinese language programs.
We care about results, and we care about the well-being of our online campers. Your child will be immersed in an engaging learning experience - and have fun doing it. Our philosophy and approach is to emphasize a balanced, active and enriching lifestyle. In between online classes, we provide time to allow students a break from computer and smart device screens, and encourage offline activities. We’re family friendly, too.
* for on-demand tutoring, additional charges apply.
Online Camper Guide for Registered Campers
Welcome to the Northern family! We are excited to have you joining our journey of learning and fun through online classes, Below are some information to help you make a smooth transition to our online classes.
- A computer with a working camera and working microphone is all you need. (Avoid using smaller devices to connect to online classroom, such as iPad, smart phone, unless you are specifically told by your teacher to do so.)
- A fast internet connection is also needed.
- Specific classes may have optional equipment suggested by the teacher to enhance your online experience.
Your Daily Schedule
- Your individualized daily schedule will be sent to you via email on Sunday, July 28, 2020.
- Please note that all times on your schedule are US Eastern Daylight-savings Time (EDT). If you don’t live in this time zone, you need to convert them to your local times. We recommend you print out your schedule, and mark your local time next to each of your classes.
Your Classroom Links
- Each class has its own link. Because some links are dynamically generated, the same class might have a different link each day.
- You’ll receive a classroom link via email 10 minutes prior to each class. So closely monitor your email before the class time. (You may provide us with additional email addresses to receive classroom link by contacting Summer@Northern.Academy)
- Some classroom links may have recommended browsers. Make sure to use one of the recommended browsers.
Asking For Help
If you encounter any difficulties to join any classroom, please use the following options to get help:
Option 1: Email your class teacher. Always do this first.
Option 2: Only if you don’t get a prompt response from option 1, then you can send help request to the following:
- For any dance classes, use email@example.com
- For any music classes, use firstname.lastname@example.org
- For any other arts or craft related classes, use email@example.com
- For any academic classes, use firstname.lastname@example.org
Option 3: If your problem is still not resolved, contact Summer@Northern.Academy or call 845-232-1760