This class is design to help students to develop knowledge and basic skills in traditional Chinese calligraphy and painting. These two seemingly separate, but yet very closely related art forms, are instrumental to the traditional Chinese culture. Course activates include traditional history, class demonstrations, individual reviews, and self-guided studio practice time.
All techniques will be demonstrated with individual attention given to each student. This fun, hands-on class provides the artistic tools you need to explore your creative side with confidence.
Students must purchase the following supplies:
- Two-Three Chinese brushes (Small medium and large size)
- Chinese Ink
- Newspaper and Sumi paper (Rice Paper)
- Three small ceramic white plates
- Large white ceramic plate or palette
- Ink stone
- Chinese color (one set)
- Wash container (big glass or plastic bottle)
- Table carpet
- Brush holder