Session 1: June 29 - July 17, 2020 Session 2: July 20 - Aug 07, 2020
*We continue to monitor circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Northern Academy will strictly adhere to government recommendations for safe camp operations, quarantine and travel. Due to these unpredictable conditions, our In-person camp option is pending. New York State does not allow Sleepaway camp this summer. Parents are encouraged to arrange for your own local accommodations in order to attend our day camp.
Campers attending onsite camp MUST fill out enrollment forms and submit required documents below. Parents will receive a link to enroll.
- Medical Emergency Form & Consent to Treat (If your regular health insurance provider does not provide coverage for your child while abroad, consider purchasing short-term coverage. Northern Summer Academy strongly advises students to purchase travelers insurance.)
- Proof of immunization for MMR vaccination is required for attending the onsite camp.
- Physical exam within the recent two years. HERE is a sample form that your doctor can use if needed.
- Photo Release Agreement
- Pick-up forms (if parents want to authorize other people to pick up campers)
- NSA Parent/Student Handbook (Please sign the last page.)
- Other information: New York Department of Health's Children's Camp information Reopening New York - Child Care and Day Camp Programs Guidelines
Saturday, July 18 for Session II camper parents
- 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm: Online information session for all campers who have not attended our online open house before.
- 1:00 pm to 1:30 pm: Information session for online camp campers; Q & A
- 1:30 pm to 2:00 pm: Information session for in-person camp campers; Q & A
Orientation for Onsite Campers and Parents
Monday, June 29 & Monday, July 20
Address & Parking: Please park in the parking lot at Academic Building, 1 Ashley Avenue, Middletown, NY 10940.
- First thing in the morning, please complete your health screen survey sent to your email.
- Campers should bring a backpack of items in the list below depending on the activities they are attending.
- Please arrive 40 min prior to your scheduled classes. (i.e., arrive by 8:20 am if your first class starts at 9 am. )
- Orientation for new parents and campus tour will be done upon arrival.
- Orientation for campers will be done by teachers during classes.
What to Bring to Camp
All Onsite Campers
- Personal protection items including masks, Alcohol wipes, hand sanitizer, gloves
- A set of clothing labelled with name in a plastic bag (can be kept in the school until the last day of the camp)
- Sneakers rather than flip-flops or sandals are suggested.
- Class materials:
- Pencils with erasers
- one box of colored pencils
- one subject notebook, wide ruled, 8" x 10 1/2"
- one 2-pocket folder
- Students in the fine arts program will need to bring art supplies required by the courses you have registered HERE.
- Mask is required in dance studio. Please bring at least 2 spare ones everyday.
- Dance shoes (can also be purchased at school)
- Form fitting clothes, such as T-shirts, capris, sweat pants, yoga pants (no short shorts, loose/revealing tops, or overly baggy clothing)
- Small towel
- Socks (black socks for boys, no-show socks for girls)
- Contacts (recommended for those with glasses)
- Hair ties and clips for girls
- Deodorant (recommended)
- A change of clothes, for after dance classes (recommended)
- Dance students may need to pay an additional $30-$45 for dance props.
Due to the highly physical nature of dance training, certain recommendations are made by the dance department regarding food and healthy eating habits so that our students will have the required nutritional intake to help them grow, study well, and progress in dance.
Campers would need to bring a backpack with the following items:
- Water bottle (we provide plenty of water for refills at all times);
- Sunscreen & sun protection;
- Comfortable athletic clothing & sneakers. A change of clothes is good to have;
- Insect Repellent
- A whistle
Please DO NOT Bring To Camp
- Electronic smart devices including phones, gaming devices and iPads. Our school’s Electronic Policy bans these devices.
- We strongly discourage bringing any valuables to Camp. Northern Summer Academy and/or Northern Academy of the Arts are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
We recommend EWR – Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey. Other airports may cost more for pick-ups or drop-offs. If you require the school to provide airport pick up and drop off service, please fill out the Student Travel Information attached to the Transportation Service Policy and email to the Logistics Department at email@example.com.
What To Bring To Sleepaway Camp (Available 2021 Summer)
- For the summer sessions, sleepaway campers’ move-in time is 2pm on Sunday, June 27th (Session 1) and Sunday, July 19th (Session 2). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for arrangements.
- Dorm set including twin sheet, pillow with case, blankets, blanket cover sheet ($100 if purchased from the school dorm)
- Towels ($5 if purchased from the school dorm)
- All items listed for PM Activity Camp
- Each dormitory apartment has a washer and dryer. Students may bring their own detergent and a washing bag.
- Extra money to spend during shopping and trip days. Dorm teachers can lock up money for safe keeping.